June 06, 2012

How to make a Chocolate Turtle Cake with a boxed cake mix


before it's baked.
So I have a serious sweet tooth, and I came across this recipe and have FALLEN IN LOVE! I have made it a few times and my family loves it.

It's a great way to up the yum factor of a regular chocolate cake mix from a box.
I am going to try it as a cup cake and will post here if it works.

Ingredients:
1 chocolate cake mix (I use Devils food cake)
1 cup butter
1 Cup brown sugar
1/4 cup Corn syrup
1 can sweet condensed milk

1 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts
1 cup chocolate chips

1 Cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350F. Prepare cake mix according to package directions. Divide mixture in half. Pour 1/2 into greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 15 mins.

Meanwhile put butter, sugar, syrup and milk into heavy saucepan. Heat and stir until it boils. Boil 5 mins stirring continually. (It can be burned easily.) Pour over baked cake.

Sprinkle with first amount of pecans and chips. Pour second 1/2 batter over top. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.

super close up!
Bake for about 25 - 30 mins.



It's ridiculously good and doesn't need any icing.

No comments:

Post a Comment